Clicky GhostHuntersFans.Net News: GH Filming at Fort Knox in Maine this February

New Season

Watch the new season of Ghost Hunters starting on Wednesday, August 24th!

Monday, January 31, 2011

GH Filming at Fort Knox in Maine this February

The Fort Knox State Historic Site in Prospect, Maine, will be featured in a future episode of Ghost Hunters. The TAPS team will be investigating the site for two nights in February and the production crew will film interviews with various witnesses of paranormal activity. The fort was constructed between 1844 and 1864 and has retained the same architecture since then. During the Spanish-American War, 500 troops were stationed at Fort Knox. (Historical info via the State of Maine website).
A production crew from the SyFy cable television network's “Ghost Hunters” show will film an episode of the popular series in February at Fort Knox State Historic Site.
A video crew will visit Maine’s most popular state historic site for six days looking for evidence of ectoplasmic apparitions, according to Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands officials. The fort structure is closed during the winter season, and the public will not be allowed on the property during filming, said BPL Park Historian Tom Desjardin.
“It will be interesting to see what they find, and it’s always great when one of our historic sites gets national attention,” Desjardin said.

1 comment:

  1. My name is carlene Carpenter My husband and I are big fans of Ghost Hunters When I heard They were coming to Fort Knox in Prospect I was thrilled. I am 46 now but I was on a field trip there when I was 12 or 13 I had an experience there I had decided to go wondering around by myself I had gotten to the upper leval and somthing caught my eye I looked over and saw a table with several soldiers around it and one standing pointing to I think a map on the wall behind him it only lasted a few seconds but was very clear. Also even though I was exploring alone I never felt like I was quit alone. It was an ausome experience one I never forgot so my husband and I often spoke during other episodes saying I wish they would check out Fort Knox. So when we heard that Jay and Grant were coming I just had to post a comment about My experience. Sincerly Carlene Carpenter Brewer Maine

    ReplyDelete