Clicky GhostHuntersFans.Net News: Pink RayGun Interviews Kris Williams

New Season

Watch the new season of Ghost Hunters starting on Wednesday, August 24th!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pink RayGun Interviews Kris Williams

Pink Raygun has posted a new interview with TAPS investigator and "tough chick" Kris Williams. In the interview, Kris talks more about her background, how she joined TAPS, her scariest experiences, and what it's like to work in fields were there are lots more men than women.

PRG: Prior to Ghost Hunters, you had a pretty wide variety of experience, from construction and modeling and acting. How did you transition between them?


KW: My father raised me to know that being a female is not a weakness, being a female doesn’t mean you can’t do things. He was big on teaching me new things that were considered unusual for girls. I spent many summers working on my car – he taught me how to do bodywork and mechanical stuff. He was a flooring installer and that’s how I got into that.
I reached a point in my life where I was sick of doing the normal nine-to-five thing, so I started trying different things. I tried the flooring and did tile, hardwood, vinyl, and all that stuff. But, I also worked in carpentry where I was doing things like installing oak staircases and cabinets, framing doors and hanging windows. I have always been a very hands on person.
I also don’t like being told I can’t do something. It’s mainly by guys. If a guy tells me I can’t do something, I will kill myself to not only do it, but do it better than they do. I think that’s what happened with the flooring. I was part of a crew and was the only girl there.
It’s a strange little world, and it’s not only there. It’s in a lot of situations that are male driven. If you want to do well, you not only have to bust your ass, you have to work harder than they do to get any respect. It’s helped me out a lot in a few areas of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment